Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Application of Xaxius Shadowspire

Application of Xaxius Shadowspire 04 Jul 2013 09:16 #1844

Name: Xaxius Shadowspire

Race and Clan: Race: Elezen Clan: Wildwood

Main Class(es): I'm going to start with Thaumaturge, then on to Black Mage.

Time Zone: Central

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know: N/A

Please list your MMO history: My history is too long to mention but if it's an MMO, chances are I've played it at some point. I've been playing MMOs, almost exclusively, since Ultima Online beta in '97. The two that really sunk their hooks into me were Everquest (3yrs) and World of Warcraft (4yrs). Since then I've been trying to find a MMO that has the depth to keep me involved, that's probably why I can't get enough of FFXIV. I love the art, world, combat, class structure... just about everything there is. It's somewhere I can see myself being for quite awhile.

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server: Unfortunately, FFXI is one of a handful of MMOs I never really played.

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information? Absolutely. I love being involved in forum discussions and find the forums a great way to stay involved with the guild while I'm offline.

Why do you wish to join Kindred? Honestly, I've been looking a variety of guilds over the last several weeks. Big ones... small ones... guilds that climb on rocks... and I was most impressed with Kindred. This seems like the place that would be the best fit for someone like me. I'm a married father of two and a working professional, so I'm on the casual side of gaming. I mainly play MMOs for the camaraderie of working together, to meet new people, helping others and enjoy the social aspects of the game. I'm not in a rush to the "end game", though I would like to see it at some point. I would be extremely honored if you would have me as a part of your guild. Just by going over the interactions you have on this forum, I can tell you all are a mature and respectable group. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all in-game and being apart of this special linkshell. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Application of Xaxius Shadowspire 05 Jul 2013 16:36 #1845

Hi, Xaxius!

You sound like a great fit for Kindred! Many of our members are busy with RL, either married with kids or for various other reasons. I'd like all of us to have the opportunity to see endgame, but I just don't have the time or energy anymore to run a hardcore raiding group. We're definitely about having fun and keeping it casual.

Most of us in beta who played 1.0 are noodling around on our old characters on Balmung. Though our new players got a little scattered on different servers since the legacy servers didn't open up to new characters right away. If you have an established character on Gilgamesh, I don't see a reason to give it up for the duration of phase 3 since data will be wiped afterward. Unless you're really dying to meet some new friends, in which case, pop in to Balmung and say hi! ;)

See you around in beta (whether it's phase 3 or 4), and welcome aboard!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.388 seconds
Go to top