Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Colin Storme

Colin Storme 17 Sep 2013 14:05 #2383

Hi All. I was invited in last night by Eluri, but had not yet been to the forums. I just wanted to drop in and say hello, and I thought I would go ahead and answer the application questions to help introduce myself and stick to the protocol.

Name: Colin Storme

Race and Clan: Hyur Highlander

Main Class(es): I'm really not sure. I just reactivated my 1.0 account, and am having fun with my Marauder so far, which is level 20. I thought I was dps until I queued for a duty finder dungeon, and wouldn't you know it...I'm a tank! lol. Well as luck would have it, it was kind of fun. I doubt I'll stick to one class though. That's one of the things I love about Final Fantasy.

Time Zone: Eastern (EDT)

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know: Just Eluri Olde, from introducing myself last night.

Please list your MMO history:
Ultimate Online: 2 years
Shadowbane: 1 year
Everquest: 6 months
FFXI: 1.5 years
WoW: 5 years
Rift: 1 month
Tera: 1 month
Allods: 6 months
The Secret World: 6 months
Defiance: 3 months
FFXIV 1.0: 2 months
Aion: 2 months
Guild Wars 2: 3 hours
Farmville: 6 months

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server: My first character, for about a year was Kanin on Fenrir (WAR/NIN/DRK/THF), then my second character, for about six months, I believe was named Rowan, and I'm pretty sure the server was still Fenrir. I have family on there that have been playing since release (Duvelamilla and Bricent). I know I maxed and geared BLU on my latest character, but I forget my other jobs.

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information? Absolutely! I'm a forum junkie when time allows.

Why do you wish to join Kindred? When I saw the name, it reminded me of my family guild in WoW. It was called Next of Kin. It started as close family and friends, and when we expanded, it kept that same family feel. As soon as I saw the name, I had to check into it. I saw that it is a family style guild in the writeup on the forums, which was encouraging. After one night, I like what I've seen so far. Everyone seems friendly and chatty.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Colin Storme 18 Sep 2013 07:05 #2384

Welcome aboard.

Colin Storme 18 Sep 2013 11:10 #2385

Welcome aboard, Colin!

Colin Storme wrote:
Main Class(es): I'm really not sure. I just reactivated my 1.0 account, and am having fun with my Marauder so far, which is level 20. I thought I was dps until I queued for a duty finder dungeon, and wouldn't you know it...I'm a tank!

Yeah, you weren't the only person who came back from 1.0 and was confused to find their Marauder was no longer DPS but now a tank. They still have great damage-dealing abilities, but they now generate a lot of enmity. If you go into a group expecting to play DPS, your best abilities will have you stealing aggro from the tank. It would be nice if we could have the choice of 'speccing' our classes and playing them the way we choose, but the game just isn't set up that way. I think the best we can hope for is a second job that branches out from Marauder that plays a DPS role, leaving Warrior as a tank. As we've seen from Arcanist (Summoner/DPS, Scholar/Healer), that's probably how customization is going to work in the future.

Colin Storme wrote:
Why do you wish to join Kindred? When I saw the name, it reminded me of my family guild in WoW. It was called Next of Kin. It started as close family and friends, and when we expanded, it kept that same family feel. As soon as I saw the name, I had to check into it. I saw that it is a family style guild in the writeup on the forums, which was encouraging. After one night, I like what I've seen so far. Everyone seems friendly and chatty.

Glad you're having a good time! I think you're going to fit into our family just fine. :)
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Colin Storme 18 Sep 2013 11:30 #2386

Selyne wrote:
I think the best we can hope for is a second job that branches out from Marauder that plays a DPS role, leaving Warrior as a tank. As we've seen from Arcanist (Summoner/DPS, Scholar/Healer), that's probably how customization is going to work in the future.

I wouldn't mind that at all. I'm excited about the jobs they're going to introduce.
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds
Go to top