Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Faoilleach Rathmourne

Faoilleach Rathmourne 08 Nov 2013 01:15 #2478

Name:
Faoilleach Rathmourne

Race and Clan:
Elezen Duskwight

Main Class(es):
Not sure yet, probably Archer/Bard/Crafter

Time Zone:
EST and sometimes PST (family's in Seattle)

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know:
None - I found you guys on google...

Please list your MMO history:
My only previous experience with an MMO has been WoW, although I've been a Final Fantasy fanboy for decades and only finance issues and fear of internet/computing technology kept me from dipping my toes into FFXI.
I played WoW for 2 and a half years (sub just ended earlier this week), and ended up getting burned out from heroic progression in the previous tier, as well as politics in the guild I had been in prior to my current guild. I'm currently working on a dissertation and so my only interest in FFXIV is to experience the story, ride a Magitek mount (!!!), see the awesome graphics, and hang out with some good people (see below!)

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information?
Sure!

Why do you wish to join Kindred?
Reading your "About Us" section made me really happy to know that you guys are so friendly and stand-up. I've been called a "Care Bear" in my old guild, and if you guys know anything about Mal'Ganis (affectionately known as Troll'Ganis), people like me are eaten alive unless we have a solid support group. I was lucky enough to have friends like that back then, but I don't know anyone else playing FFXIV, and so I'd consider myself lucky to be able to hang out with a nice group of people like yourselves!
Just wanted to note that although I haven't yet installed FFXIV (I just bought the game), I've spent the past few weeks researching the game (and Free Companies!), as well as making a character on the Benchmark tool, so I'm good to go as soon as I get everything downloaded and installed tomorrow!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Faoilleach Rathmourne 09 Nov 2013 02:49 #2479

Hello, Faoilleach, and welcome to Final Fantasy XIV!

You and I played on opposite ends of the World of Warcraft spectrum. I was on Scarlet Crusade, a RP-PvE server. Mal'Ganis is one of the original PvP servers, right? Yikes, you're a braver soul than I! I can see how it earned its nickname LOL.

You've definitely come to the right place! Balmung is a very friendly server, and I'd like to think our group is, as well. :)

Send a tell to me (Rowyne Moonsong), Eluri Olde, or Darksage Prime and we'll see about getting you an invite!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Faoilleach Rathmourne 09 Nov 2013 12:27 #2480

Thanks! I played a bit last night and am really enjoying it so far.

I'll be on later this afternoon and will look for you guys. Looking forward to it!
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
Go to top