Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Skieth Link Application

Skieth Link Application 30 Nov 2010 20:55 #209

A.

* Age?

* Tell us a little about yourself.

I enjoy reading about things that I find interesting such as project management processes and about a company’s objective and if I’m in the mood I may offer them an alternative route to reach their goals.

I also enjoy Jet skiing, doing some mad tricks on my 4X4, and fishing as well as playing basketball and generally going to star-bucks with my girlfriend and having a soothing Frapachino.

I also enjoy joking around and cracking a few good jokes every now and then to help pass the time.

I love talking about anything that relates to business and I am currently the owner of my own computer shop as well as my own video game retail outlet.

On top of everything ells I enjoy gaming and MMO’s but I’m currently thinking of establishing my own game development studio woot!

I’m the care free type of person and I’m very relaxed if I cant enjoy a game I just don’t play it.

I’m really easy to know and I’m generally I nice person, I just haven’t invested as much time into Final Fantasy XIV as everyone ells and I’m still figuring the game out but hey that’s life!

B. System Information

* What are your system specs?

OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.0.6001 (Service Pack 1)

CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
CPU SPEED (GHZ):
SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1440x900
HARD DISK SIZE (GB):
HARD DISK FREE SPACE (GB):

* Do you have any objections to speaking on vent when needed?

Yes, my mic doesn’t work, or is that an excuse ill let you decide ^^.

* Any disconnection problem at all? Average Latency while raiding?

Not that I know of.

1. Character Name | Job | Race

Skieth Link

Thaumaturge

Elzan

2. What is your gaming experience?

Gunbound - Two years

Gunz - Six months

FFXI - Two Years

WOW - Five Years

WAR - Three Years

Aion - Two weeks

FFXIV - From launch till now, on and off.

In that order

3. Will you come to a progression nights having already read any available information relevant to encounters?

Yes if I am confident in my skills and if I believe that I can pull my own weight without being a hindrance to anyone ells.

4. We keep a short raid night. Can you devote the whole time to focusing on our goals?

I was previously in a Raiding guild in WOW, but I will iterate myself I will not attend an-till I am confident that I will not be holding the group back.

D. Disciples of the Land and Disciples of the Hand

1. What are your Disciple of the land and Hand?

Currently none

2. How far have you progressed in them?

I haven’t rolled a DOH or DOL

E. Other Questions

1. Do you play actively outside of End Game?

If I have an objective that I want to achieve then yes

2. Are you able to take and improve upon criticism?

Of course nobody is perfect and being told what you’re doing wrong allows us as humans to improve ourselves and our play styles.

3. There will be bench time. Everyone will have to sit at one point in time or another. Are you okay with this?

I have no problems with the above statement in any way, Shape, or form.

5. If your application is accepted. What kind of raider can we expect you to be? Give a brief description of your attitude towards End Game in both Progression and farm content. Does your level of play decline during the farm period?

I tend to be more of casual gamer meaning I tend to do things on my own time if my schedule allows me to do a raid with the guild, and I am confident in my ability to perform just as well as everyone ells then I will attend the raid but I am only at level four currently so don’t expect me to be up at the top with everyone ells write off the bat.

6. How can we contact you outside of the game? AIM, Email, etc...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

PS: I would give you my number but I think that’s pushing it XD

Time Zone:

(GMT+04:00) Abu Dhabi, Muscat

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know:

Vindrax a former member from serious casual i think he recommended me to this link-shell

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server:

Fills on the server Bahamutt (i loved that summen i swear) i havent played FFXI in years but he was a warrior turned into a black MAGE!!!

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information?

Of course it helps me keep up to date with everything thats going on in the world of FFXIV and Kindred

Why do you wish to join Kindred?

I wish to join Kindred as a casual member so that i can socialize with the rest of the link-shell as that is what keeps me coming back to an mmo, the community.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Skieth Link Application 01 Dec 2010 05:31 #216

Hi, Skieth! Vindrax told me he sent you our way.

I understand that Serious Casual was set up to be an end-game progression linkshell. I'm not sure if that's what you're specifically looking for? But I feel I should tell you a bit about Kindred.

Kindred has roots in FFXI, where we did not have an endgame focus. As you probably know from your experience in FFXI, endgame was for hardcore players and required particular dedication.

For many of us, some time has passed and new experiences have happened since FFXI. Several of us now come from other MMOs where endgame is more accessible and an expected part of play, such as World of Warcraft.

Kindred is now comprised of a variety of players that are interested in different aspects of the game - leveling, crafting, exploring, lore, RP. But as a whole, the single uniting factor is friendship. I think many of us are interested in the game's story and experiencing endgame. But no one knows at this point how it will be set up. I hope that it is something we can do together so that we can all enjoy the game completely. But sacrificing friendship in the name of success is something that goes against what Kindred was formed for in the first place. The fellowship that binds us, and respect for each other, will always come first.

If that sounds like what you're looking for, please contact me (Rowyne Moonsong) or Eluri Olde for a pearl so we can get to know you!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Skieth Link Application 01 Dec 2010 05:44 #217

I have played Final Fantasy XI And never raided the community in that game was truly one of a kind. i want to join kindred not raid but be apart of a community that i can contribute to.

PS: thank you for looking at my application, i will contact the specified people asap thank you very much

Re: Skieth Link Application 01 Dec 2010 06:27 #218

Glad we're on the same page, Skieth! Let's get you a pearl.
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Skieth Link Application 01 Dec 2010 16:11 #226

I had a good time chatting with you last night Skieth. Welcome to the LS.
  • Darksage Prime
  • Officer
  • Black mage is my main, and heavy DPS is my game!
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Go to top