Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skogir Finrandsson

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 02 Apr 2011 00:35 #865

It might just be me (though I doubt it because my Dexterity is capped) but I have a love/hate relationship with MRD because of it's accuracy.

I originally ranked it because I wanted Defender. I was taking all the classes to 10 before I started my Pugilist but I really liked MRD. So once I got my PGL to 20 and started messing with other classes again I took MRD back up. This time around I had Cure, Protect, Absorbs, Stoneskin, Shock Spikes, Stygian Spikes and some other stuff and let me tell you... with Stygian Spikes + Protect + Sacrifice I was destroying hard leves and leveling quickly. Then all of the sudden I hit 20ish and it seemed really inaccurate all over again. My gear is fine, I wear ACC Rings and like I said, my DEX is capped. I'm currently 26 but my weapon is only R21 so with an upgrade it'll probably be better... but it's still painful. It might be because I'm used to ARC and PGL which honestly, my hit rate is at least 80% on both. It's a bit of a letdown that my 22ARC using a R6 bow is more accurate (and powerful) than my 26MRD. In fact, my ARC can even use Skull Sunder and Trunksplitter II from my MRD and it's more accurate.

That's just me though haha. It's 26 currently and I'm praying that sometime between 26 and 36 (when I get Maim) that I fall in love with the job again. I'd like Defender II but that's 48... I can't deal with all the misses though. And Absorb-ACC/EVA can make up for it to an extent but that means I have less tools to tank with. Currently my PGL tanks better hate wise and damage mitigation wise than my MRD does but I'm hoping Intimidation (+10Enmity to actions) will help it. Steadfast doesn't seem to proc parries as often as I'd expect, but Foresight's parry effect is pretty potent. It's also nice to be able to follow it with Fracture.

But yeah... My DEX @26 caps @94 from the stat allotment... I have somewhere around 105 and then like I said, ACC Rings. I have DEX rings for PGL because of the fact they increase evasion as well so it'd probably be better if I wore those but I haven't really done much testing yet.

I'm a math person... I run tests constantly =p Sorry if this post overwhelmed you lol. And thanks! I hope this doesn't last long =/
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds
Go to top