Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Skogir Finrandsson

Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 02:24 #848

Name: Skogir Finrandsson (First name pronounced Skojeer. The whole name is crafted from the Icelandic language and the Finrand prefix is taken from a toon I've had on most MMOs named Finrandthir. And no, I don't know Icelandic, but I love the language and hope to learn it someday.)

Race and Clan: Hyur (Midlander)

Main Class(es): Marauder, (soon to also pursue Pugilist), Miner, Armorer, Goldsmith

Time Zone: EST

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know: None yet. ;-)

Please list your MMO history: FFXI, WoW (incl. beta), LOTRO (incl. beta), FFXIV (incl. beta)

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server: Ruprecht. I don't remember off-hand which server(s), though I think I was on Siren for a while at one point. Unfortunately, while I played FFXI on and off over the years, I was never able to play as much as I wanted to. I have greatly regretted that and have determined to take advantage of everything provided to FFXIV from the start. (I'm a total FF geek too!)

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information? Absolutely.

Why do you wish to join Kindred? I'm looking for a very friendly LS, where members love to work together and help each other out and enjoy the game. Believe it or not, since starting FFXIV, I haven't yet explored any of the social aspects of the game (I've been working on learning how to actually play the game, lol). I'm determined to find awesome FFXIV people to build relationships with. Of all the Linkshell websites, this one had the right look and feel. I would look forward with great anticipation to be invited into this LS. Thanks!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 03:34 #849

Hello, Skogir! I love the name (and thanks for the pronunciation help). :)

Please contact me (Rowyne Moonsong), Eluri Olde or Darksage Prime in game for a pearl.

Look forward to getting to know you!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 10:14 #851

Hi Selyne! And thanks so much!

What is the best way to search for people on FFXIV? I noticed that /sea doesn't work. lol
From what I understand, there isn't a great way to search on FFXIV yet? But I'm not sure.

I tried to see if any of the three of you were online by a /tell. I will keep checking when I'm online FFXIV and back to this thread to see if there is an update.

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 10:26 #852

Also, Selyne,

How do I get one of those fancy FFXIV signature boxes like what you have? I went to enjin.com, but didn't see anything besides a blog post, and then sort of gathered that one needed to have their toon set up on The Lodestone, so I linked that up, but I seem to be missing something.

Thanks!

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 12:05 #853

skogir wrote:
What is the best way to search for people on FFXIV? I noticed that /sea doesn't work. lol
From what I understand, there isn't a great way to search on FFXIV yet? But I'm not sure.

Not yet. >.< Best way is to add me to your friend list ( /flist ) and just check it whenever you're on.

Enjin still offers free signature generators. Go to enjin.com and scroll down the page to the 'Fully Supported Games'. Under FFXIV, you'll find a FFXIV Signature Generator link.

Here's the link: www.enjin.com/tools/ffxiv-signatures
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 18:45 #856

Welcome!

I think both of your questions were answered haha. Anyway, my name's Chris and I'm Kyriana Rose in game. I can't give you a pearl but I can help you out with some of the stuff in game such as crafting/gathering and any questions you have about Marauder (or Pugilist. That's actually my main. I'm just leveling MRD for Intimidation, Warmonger and Maim).

So yeah. Hit me up on game sometime. I might be afk because my girlfriend has pneumonia but I will definitely get back to you asap.

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 01 Apr 2011 21:37 #859

Nice to meet ya Skog. I can't tell you anything about Pugilist or Marauder but I can show ya all the cool places where I take dirt naps. :P
  • Kai Khada
  • Advanced Adventurer

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 02 Apr 2011 00:00 #862

Thanks Selyne (or I guess I should call you Rowyne for less confusion), I'll definitely add you to my friend list as the others here that have responded as well. I'll work on my Signature panel sometime over the weekend as well. See you in game! :)

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 02 Apr 2011 00:02 #863

Chris/Kyriana,

Thanks for the response and I appreciate the offerings of help. I'll add you to my friend list and we'll go from there. Looking forward to it! Oh, and I hope your gf gets better soon!

Re: Skogir Finrandsson 02 Apr 2011 00:08 #864

Good to meet you too Kai! I actually played an Archer during the beta and loved it. One reason why I went with Marauder is for hopes of becoming more of a buccaneer type class possibly in the future. I may pick the Archer class back up some day (long range weapon experience and all). Anyway, I look forward to working together on FFXIV!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds
Go to top