Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
If you are interested in joining Kindred, we invite you to tell us a bit about yourself by following the format laid out in the Application Process.

TOPIC: Mierin Lyn

Mierin Lyn 11 Apr 2011 15:47 #888

Name: Mierin Lyn

Race and Clan: Miqo'te, Seeker of the Sun

Main Class(es): Still playing around with all of them, most advanced is currently Conjurer (12). Haven't decided which I'll play most at the moment.

Time Zone: CST

Please list any Kindred member(s) that you know: None yet

Please list your MMO history: Text based games (Primarily Arctic) for a looong time. When I finally kicked that I played WoW since launch (still raid there 1-2 nights a week, that's about all I enjoy there any more). I also played FFXI a little (more recently) but couldn't get all I wanted out of it since I started so late.

If you played FFXI, please list your character name, job(s) and server: Harmoni, cannot recall which server. I wish I had gotten into FFXI from launch (or at least earlier than 2010 :) and been able to experience it more :/

Are you willing to regularly access the Kindred website for news and information? Yes

Why do you wish to join Kindred? Looking for an LS with people who are active, social, and fun to do stuff with. After missing out on FFXI, I am really looking forward to getting all I can out of XIV :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 04:27 #891

Hello, Mierin!

It looks like you have a Mizzou Tiger as your avatar? My husband and I live 15 minutes away from Columbia. How ironic. :)

Please contact me (Rowyne Moonsong), Eluri Olde or Darksage Prime in game for a pearl so that we can get to know you!
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 07:46 #893

ANOTHER MIQO'TE <3

I hope I don't scare you off haha. My name is Chris and I'm Kyriana Rose in game =p you sound like I was early on. I mean I knew that I wanted to rank up Pugilist but I wasn't sure so I ranked everything! It isn't such a bad idea either. It lets you get a lot of XP which you can use to increase whatever stat you're interested in. There isn't really anything to lose from just experimenting =]

Feel free to add me to your friendlist to see when I'm on and shoot a tell if you want. You can ask me any questions you have about anything and I'll try my best to help or if you just wanna talk haha =] I haven't really been on lately because I've been busy but things are slowing down again.

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 07:51 #894

Also: If there's gear you have your eye on that's clothcraft lower than R20 for your CNJ let me know. I can probably get you the HQ version and I don't charge if I already have the mats for it (which I probably will).

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 10:31 #896

...I know it is not this kind of topic but Rose your saying that raising multiple classes is without drawbacks is just wrong:)
As far as I have noticed the way guildmarks are given to you is completely random - and every class you have above rank 10 give you a chance to get guild marks for that class too so it became 2x as hard to get the marks you want and so when you add another class etc....

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 16:18 #897

Really? I never had a problem getting the guild marks I wanted. If you build up the reward, they add up pretty fast. GLD shows up occasionally and I don't want them so I just don't do them. If I need say... CNJ Marks I'll look for those first. If there aren't any then I'll just do gathering/gil leves instead.

It is a valid point to take into consideration though and I did forget to mention it. My THM is 20 but there are times when my R30 leves (which you have to be at least R23 to even unlock) offer THM guild marks. But it has in absolutely no way stopped me from getting the marks I need/want. My PGL was still more than able to get Flurry upon hitting 30 and that's my main class. I'm about to get Intimidation and Heavy Swing for MRD.

If CNJ seems what you wanna rank it might be easier to just do THM with it as well until you have access to all 3 cities and can move around for leves if you want. THM's 8k Guild Mark ability is Firm Conviction which increases defense while casting. I don't know CNJ's 6k ability because I'm not interested in it but their 8k ability is Fast Cast.

Re: Mierin Lyn 12 Apr 2011 16:45 #898

god damn I missed another batch of leves:S....maybe something to do with my belief 'multiple classes=bad for marks'.....

...as for the other thing...now where were these things...ahh yess
/put on glasses
...as long as you understand your lapse of knowledge you will be forgiven!:P

Re: Mierin Lyn 13 Apr 2011 01:13 #899

Thanks for the welcome everyone :)

And yes, it's a Mizzou icon, only pic I had resized on hand for an avatar. I finished up at Mizzou 7 years ago and live about 90 minutes east of there now. My wife and I get up there to most of the football games for a little tailgating.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Re: Mierin Lyn 14 Apr 2011 06:03 #904

Wish I had read your post before getting you a pearl tonight, Mierin! Would have had a bit to chat about. :)

Ironic to meet another Missourian! I'm a transplant (from Detroit), but my husband, Eluri, is a native.

Does your wife play FFXIV, too?
  • Rowyne Olde
  • Free Company Master
  • Formerly Rowyne Moonsong
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
Go to top